The following word cloud is made up of the 25 most popular words across our news articles. Click one for a list of the articles containing that word.
Popular Words in the News
Governor DeWine Announces Appalachian Community Grant Program Details
October 20, 2022 | Governor DeWine, LT. Governor Husted, and the Ohio Department of Development announced details for the Appalachian Community Grant Program.
The Appalachian Community Grant Program will infuse $500 million into Ohio's 32-county Appalachian region to revitalize communities and stimulate transformational change. This morning, the Governor's Office of Appalachia released detailed guidelines for the program, including project requirements, eligibility, and the timeline for awards.
The $500-million Appalachian Community Grant Program is part of Governor DeWine’s "OhioBuilds – Small Communities, Big Impact – A Plan for Appalachia." The program will specifically support transformational projects in Ohio's Appalachian communities that focus on infrastructure development, physical and behavioral health, and workforce development.
As part of this program, up to $30 million will support project planning and technical assistance, and the remaining $470 million will be awarded to implement development projects.
Learn More About Program and Application Process, Timelines
- The Governor’s Office of Appalachia, which is part of the Ohio Department of Development, will begin accepting grant applications on Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2022.
- The Governor’s Office of Appalachia will host a webinar at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 25, 2022, to present the guidelines in detail and allow interested parties to ask questions.
- Program information and full guidelines can be found at development.ohio.gov/AppalachianCommunityGrant.
- Appalachian Development Grant Scoring Guide
- Appalachian Technical Assistance Grant Scoring Guide
The Appalachian Community Grant Program was created with the support of the Ohio General Assembly and is funded as part of House Bill 377. Guidelines for the grant program were developed in coordination with members of the legislature and numerous stakeholders.
As always, please reach out with any questions or concerns.
Director, Coalitions & Stakeholder Relations
Office of Ohio Governor Mike DeWine
Cell: (708) 822-3374