Standards-Aligned Instructional Leadership for Education (SAIL)
About SAIL for Education
Standards Aligned Instructional Leadership (SAIL) was developed in response to the Ohio Association of Elementary School Administrators (OAESA) members' requests for professional development emphasizing instructional leadership. They envisioned a job-embedded, research-based program grounded in state and national standards.
From its grassroots beginning in 2001 as a face-to-face program, SAIL attracted OAESA members from across the state looking to hone their leadership skills. With the guidance of OAESA governance and members, the SAIL curriculum was created to meet the needs of teachers and administrators alike. In 2007, SAIL moved to include an online learning format. Since its inception, SAIL has impacted thousands of educators throughout the nation.
Today, OAESA and SAIL serve not only the professional needs of field-based administrators, but educators aspiring to become teacher leaders or administrators and the institutions that prepare them to work in this segment of the profession.
OAESA is proud to partner with Concordia University Chicago (CUC) to offer SAIL curriculum embedded in graduate programs. With the assistance of the K-12 Teachers Alliance, the partnership has established nearly a dozen programs at discounted tuition for SAIL students. CUC is excited to offer the programs entirely online, as they extend their prestigious 150-year history as a brick-and-mortar institution into the digital world.
Programs available include:
- MA - School Leadership (Ohio Principal Licensure Embedded)*
- MA - Online Teaching for pre-k through 12 Educators
- MA - Differentiated Instruction
- MA - Teacher Leader
- MA -Teaching and Learning
- MA - Reading (Ohio Reading Endorsement Embedded)*
- PhD/EdD - Teacher Leader (Ohio Endorsement Embedded)*
- PhD/EdD - School Leadership (Ohio Principal Licensure Embedded)*
- PhD/EdD - Experienced Leadership (Ohio Superintendent Licensure Embedded)*
- Ohio Superintendent Licensure Only*
- Ohio Teacher Leader Endorsement*
- Ohio Principal Licensure Only*
- Ohio Reading Endorsement*
* Licensure and endorsement programs have been approved by the Ohio Department of Higher Education and are recognized as "in-state" programs by the Ohio Department of Education.
To speak with a program adviser, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-964-SAIL (7245). For applications, costs, financial aid information, and schedules, click the program button on this page.
What are SAIL students saying?
"The SAIL for Education program through Concordia University of Chicago has provided me a fantastic opportunity to become an administrator, and it [provides] administrators with courses and work that align to responsibilities and standards of administrators. The more you are able to put into the program- the more benefits you are able to gain from the program. The experiences the program provides only add to a future administrator's resume in their desire to serve teachers, students and community members of the school."
Ryan Rismiller, Assistant Principal
Harding High School
Marion City Schools
"This really was a seamless journey for me from classroom teacher to becoming a leader in the field of education. I have no complaints. I feel that I grew professionally through the coursework. The teachers were knowledgeable, courteous, and fair. And, I especially enjoyed collaborating with a cohort of local teachers, in the last two semesters of my program."
Dana Honerlaw, Principal
Liberty Bible Academy